BD-Power 1047500 TP38 Turbo Thruster II
Manufacturer Part #: 1047500
Fitment Notes: BD Diesel TP38 Turbo Thruster II – 94-98 FORD F250-F350 (diesel) 7.3L TP38 – 1047500
The BD-Power 1047500 Turbo Thruster II for the 1994-1998 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L provides a 40% increase in airflow over the stock turbo design with no compressor surging or choked-off turbine flow. Featuring a HIP’ed (Hot Isostatic Pressed) compressor wheel with 66mm inducer and 88mm exducer that can handle high wheel speeds and boost pressures. The new compressor housing and back plate casting improves turbo spool up time and allows full housing rotation for easier installation.
The large 1.0 A/R turbine housing handles higher exhaust flow and eliminates the â€œchokeâ€ condition experienced with some turbos with .84 housings. The cartridge (or rotating assembly) uses journal bearings and a new 360-degree bronze thrust washer for extended bearing life and making future servicing easier.Designed as a direct, bolt-in replacement for the stock turbo, the Turbo Thruster II has superior pressure ratios, provides cooler EGTâ€™s, no compressor surging and capable of developing up to 36psi of boost pressure with BDâ€™s exclusive Heavy Duty Waste Gate with Turn Buckle adjustment. The perfect match for stock or modified engines!
- Reduces EGTs and smoke levels with no on throttle surging
- Ballistic 66mm billet compressor wheel with a 76.5mm turbine wheel 1.00 A/R
- Flows 1050 CFM cools stock to 500+ HP
- BD designed sintered brass 360 degree thrust bearing
- BD’s heavy duty adjustable wastegate
- California model with 0.84 A/R and 66mm HIP’d
- 1.0 A/R turbine housing on performance GTP38
- 0.84 A/R turbine housing on California GTP38
- GTP38 turbochargers are serviceable and come with a new oil resistant intake hose and clamp
- Great fit for off-road, street and highway applications